Visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LRMCofficialpage
or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/LRMC_Landstuhl
Landstuhl Regional Medical Center's Public Affairs Office manages internal and external command information; manages Hollywood requests; receives and manages media queries; supports community relations endeavors; and writes and publishes stories/information focusing on the center's medical mission and activities. Journalists should always work with our Public Affairs Office with queries or to coordinate interviews.
Patient Status Updates for Journalists:
Patient safety and privacy are top priorities so we strictly follow HIPAA and Privacy Act laws regarding the release of patient information.
Following a request for patient status that includes the patient's full name, we can confirm if the patient is here, provide a one-word patient status and their location within the hospital. Patients also have the right to ask that their information not be shared.
We use standard language acceptable under HIPAA laws and American Hospital Association guidelines to describe patient conditions. They are:
- Undetermined - Patient is awaiting physician and/or assessment.
- Good - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious - Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
- Treated and Released - This could mean the patient was sent home or to another facility.
- Confirming patient deaths - We will report or confirm a patient's death only after signed consent from next of kin.